Upholstery Trend :: Back to basics.

Wednesday 29 January 2014


Spotting trends; looking through magazines, pictures on Pinterest and a few beautiful inspiring interior design books that I got for Christmas I've noticed the " deconstructed chair" popping up quite a lot lately its caught my eye every time and I love things that look old, handmade and have that vintage charm. This trend is going back to basics, keeping traditional method's of upholstery alive and bringing it in to our modern world once again.
 
 I've just been given a beautiful French armchair and I think my next move is to try this look. Upholstering the armchair in a traditional method with hessian and tacks and then leaving it exposed so you can enjoy the craftsmanship not only of the wooden frame but the upholstery technique, and it looks just perfect mixed with modern interiors, having the mix of old and new or kept in a more vintage inspired surrounding.
 
Here I've gathered a few images of some rather beautiful deconstructed chairs from Pinterest, Ralph Lauren Home and Interior Stylist Nina Hartmann.
 
 
 
 
 
 





All pictures are sourced from Pinterest. Join our new board "upholstery" for daily inspiration.
 
Some chairs may be slightly fragile and unpractical for living with and more suited for photo shoots but there are some that look newly upholstered in a traditional method and sturdy, if they are upholstered well they will last a life time.
 
 
Do you dare to bare your chairs inner beauty ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs