The little farmhouse dresser....

Thursday 29 August 2013

 
Don't you love it when you see country farmhouse kitchens full of charm and character...little wooden breakfast stools, the big island in the middle, baskets of potatoes and vegetables resting on the table, the muddy wellies by the back door and that rocking chair in the corner, but you may not have the room for the island or a big farmhouse table in your kitchen but you may have room for a small dresser that you can feel with all your lovely things and create a country farmhouse feel in your home.
 
A friend of mine was redecorating and had a old dresser sitting in her garden ready to be thrown out, when I spotted it sitting there I couldn't help ask if I could take it home with me and she was more than happy to see the dresser out of her garden.
 
when I got this dresser home and started to have a look at the small details I couldn't believe how cute this dresser was, I love the panelling at the back of the dresser and the matching carved details at the top and bottom.
 
Before pic.... yep kind of gross and dated.
 
 

 
After pic ... ta-daa!!

 
 
A bit of love and yes it looks a lot different, I painted the dresser in Annie Sloan - french linen, a new favourite of mine, I also got rid of the glass panels and replaced with chicken wire to bring it up to date and created that farmhouse feel, I distressed the edges and finished with Annie Sloan clear wax.
 
I really was surprised how good the dresser looked, the chicken wire really has made all the difference. The best thing about having a dresser is you can display all your lovely kitchen ware, recipe books and linens in one place and it brings a personal touch to your kitchen instead of hiding your stuff behind cupboard doors you should display the things you love.
 
 
 
 
 
The dresser is filled with all my vintage home wares from my online shop so if there is anything that caught your eye then make sure you take a look.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs